- Video Marketing
Video marketing remains a core focus for 2021 digital strategies. Video marketing is one of, if not the, most important marketing trend today and likely for the next 5-10 years.
On average, Gen Z has an 8-second attention span — it’s high time to start experimenting with how to best communicate your brand purpose, product values, and Call To Action (CTA) in a short and snappy way.
These numbers show the importance of incorporating video into your digital marketing strategy in 2021:
- 70% of consumers say that they have shared a brand’s video
- 72% of businesses say that video has improved their conversion rate
- 52% of consumers say that watching product videos makes them more confident in online purchase decisions
- 65% of executives visit the marketer’s website and 39% call a vendor after viewing a video
- Live-Streams and increase in influencer content
Virtual Events and Experiences for audiences to engage outside of your traditional sales messaging.
- Good-will and purpose driven missions from brands
The smartest brand will understand where they fit into customers lives on social media and they will find creative ways to fit into that conversation.
- User Generated Content (UGC) to enhance the customer experience
Benefits of UGC
- It builds and strengthens communities
- It’s relatable and uplifting
- It enables brands to meet customers where they’re already hanging out
- It helps brands generate tone more engagement against a backdrop of stay at home orders and restrictions
- Inclusivity will be key
Inclusivity became a bigger focus in 2020 and is set to continue into 2021. Identity and diversity are important factors for consumers.
- Easy to consume content
2020 saw people leaning towards easy to consume content i.e. podcasts that can be consumed on the go and newsletters that land directly in subscribers inboxes.
- Voice and visual search
An increasing number of users are searching via voice activated tools like Alexa.
Visual search can take the user experience to a totally new level: People can upload an image to conduct a search and get more specific results. i.e Pinterest Lens and Google Lens.
As Digital Marketing Institute puts it:
“Adopting a voice search strategy isn’t just about remaining relevant – it’s also about creating a unique and optimized customer experience that will foster relationships and build brand loyalty.”
- Interactive Content
In 2021, we’re destined to see a shift from traditional text-based content toward dynamic, engaging content that offers users an immersive experience. For example, think about:
- Quizzes and polls
- Embedded calculators
- Augmented reality ads
- 360-degree videos – excellent tourism example https://youtu.be/FzrkpXlRP1M
9. Social Commerce & Shoppable Posts
With e-commerce and social media both growing at alarming rates, it’s no wonder brands are using the two together to maximize opportunities for sales.
10. Influencer Marketing
Influencer marketing is a type of word-of-mouth marketing that focuses on using key leaders to amplify your brand message to a larger market.
- 63% of consumers trust influencers’ opinions of products much more than what brands say about themselves
- 58% of people have bought a new product in the past six months because of an influencer’s recommendation